Saturday 9 August 2008

A new experience


Today was a bit of a first for me. Vicky was at the end of her last summer class and invited me along to take part with her daughter Hettie.


Athough I have been teaching Kindermusik for 7 years now I have only once taken part in a class as a parent. When I was first interested in teaching I took my daughter Ellie to visit Jan's classes in Burgess Hill. Since then I have had no opportuntiy to see things from the other side.


What a fantastic experience today was. I had totally underestimated how totally absorbed you can become in a class and how focused you are forced to be on your child. It was truely lovely, and I enjoyed every minute of it.


I think it has made me even more enthusiatic about Kindermusik. It is a rare opportunity these days to step back from the rush and simply enjoy our children for who they are.


So thankyou Vicky and Hettie for giving me a rich and wonderful experience today.

No comments: