Thursday 24 September 2009

What a Fab Week

After such a long summer break I was wondering how I was going to feel about starting all my music-making up again.

Funny enough when people ask me if I work I hesitate a little. I often just don't think of what I do as a job. "It's not a proper job!" Surely I can't call having so much fun a job.

My Dad always taught me that we can't expect to enjoy our work - we do it because we have to! Well I think I've finally proved him wrong and I am sure he would be overjoyed to know that.

I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two weeks. Seeing old friends making new ones and once again realising the immense joy music brings, and not just to the children. I am sure all the participants in the Virginia Reel in Village this week would agree that it was such excellent fun, even if I did mess up the steps.

Most of you should have your packs by now I will email all Village people a copy of the home book in the next few days.

Just have a look through your resources this week, listen to the CD and come prepared to just be yourself next week in class.

Kate

No comments: