Sunday 10 January 2010

Young Child Lesson 40


Land of the Silver Birch has to be one of my favourite songs from my childhood. I remember singing it at brownies and guides and it really stimulated my imagination. I think I would have really loved to have been transported to the magical landscape the song words conjured up in my mind.

What excites me about this class is how readily the children learn new musical concepts. Talking about beat and meter might seem a complicated affair but the children were eagerly composing their own two bar 4 beat rhythms without even thinking about it. In the next lesson we will move on to 3 beat rhythms and compare.

Remember to bring your glockenspiel there will be a special sticker for anyone who can play some or all of Land of the Silver Birch :)

No comments: